Come monsoon.. and with rains pouring.....is the time for a hot hot mirchi bajji...until recently we used to get the bajji from outside..but finally decided to prepare it myself as it can be made more hygienically at home
so finally prepared this and it turned out real good...
1. Bajji Chillies -250 gms
2. Senagapindi/Besan/Gramflour- 2 cups
3. Biyyam pindi/Rice flour-1/2 cup
5. Baking soda -a pinch
6.Onion- cut into small pieces about half cup
7.Coriander leaves-1 bunch
8. Pudina/mint-few leaves
9. Chat masala powder-1 spoon
10. Lemon juice to sprinkle on bajji
11. Oil for deep frying
1. First add the flours in a bowl, add ajwain, salt, soda, and mix well. The batter should be of pouring consistency as it has to coat the mirchi properly.
2. Slit the mirchi length wise and remove seeds..if you want the bajjis real hot..you can retain some of the seeds..now fill the mirchi with some ground ajwain.
3. Dip the mirchi in batter and see that it coats properly and fry them in hot oil and take them aside..put them on a tissue paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
4. Frying first time gives a thin coat to the mirchi..we need to fry it once again, so now dip these mirchis once again in the batter and fry well till they become brown.
5. Now for the stuffing..in bowl add onions which are cut into small pieces, chat masala, coriander leaves, if you want you can add amchoor also if you like the tangy taste..and also shred carrots also can be used in stuffing.
6. Now cut the fried bajji lengthwise and fill it with the above stuffing and sprinkle lemon juice and have them real hot.