Brinjal curry with a dhania masala is good combination which can be taken with rice or even roti and very easy to make.
- Brinjal/Egg plant 500 gm
- Onions 250 gm
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Curry leaves
- For tempering, mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, and channa dal.
- Half a cup of boiled milk (optional).
- Dhania/coriander seeds 2tsp
- Garlic 5 to 6 cloves
Dry roast corainader/dhania seeds, cool it and powder it in a mixie first and later add garlic cloves and grind again to get a coarse masala powder.
This curry can be done in a pan or small cooker if your short of time ( I do it this way to save time and energy) and it tastes also the same..so go for it, but cook in slow flame.
- Take oil in a small cooker..add mustard seeds, chann dal, urad dal, and jeera, curry leaves and fry well.
- Now add cut onions and fry well, add turmeric powder and salt. Now add brinjal cut into cubes and fry well and add very little water(about 2 tablespoons) and close the cooker with the lid and put the whistle and simmer for 15 minutes and switch off. .If you are cooking in a ordinary pan, add half cup water cover and let the brinjal cook and switch off.
- Now open the lid, light the stove, put in simmer and add the ground dhania powder and mix well in the curry and add some boiled milk to the curry as this gives gravy consistency to the curry, cook for 5 minutes and switch off...those who do not like milk in curries can avoid adding milk, just adding dhania powder will do.
- Now the brinjal curry with dhania masala is ready to be served, can be had with rice, roti, or even vegetable biryani…tastes yummy.