My son does not like cabbage..keeps cribbing if he has to eat cabbage curry..so i started camouflaging cabbage in egg curry so he does not notice..so here is how it is done...
1.Cabbage 250 gm
2. Eggs 4
3. Onions 3 in number (medium size)
4. Chilli powder 2 to 3 tsp( individual preference)
5. turmeric powder 1 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Oil 1.5 to 2 tablespoons
1. Cut cabbage and onions finely into small pieces.
2. Steam cabbage in a colander(vessel with holes) in the cooker with just some water in bottom of cooker for up to 3 whistles. Steaming cabbage saves the vitamins in cabbage.
3. In pan add oil and put the cut onions and fry when onions become translucent ...now add the cooked cabbage and mix well.
4. Now add turmeric powder, salt, and chilli powder and mix well and fry for 5 minutes( as cabbage already cooked does not take much time).
5. Now break the eggs and add them one by one..stir well and cook for sometime..you can either make it like a big omelette and turn it both sides and then cut into pieces cook or else mix it well and break into pieces in the beginning..individual preference.
6. This goes well with sambar and rasam as a side dish or just like that...no one can guess there is cabbage in there until told.
note: If you want you can also add green chillies cut into small pieces and reduce the quantity of red chilli powder.