1. Chicken 1/2 kg
2. Onions 2
3. Tomatoes 1
4. Chilles 2
5. Chilli powder 1.5 to 2 tsp
6. Ginger garlic paste 1.5 tsp
7.Curry leaves a sprig
8. Cashew nuts a few
9. Coriander a few leaves
10. Curd 1 tbsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Oil for frying
13. Coconut.grated 1/4 cup
14 Garam masala 2tsps
Normally whole garam masala spices are ground together with coconut.. but i took the easy path and ground the coconut with garam masala powder into a thick paste using some water, it comes out like this
1. First wash chicken pieces well and cut into bite pieces and marinate with the following, curd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder, ground masala paste and mix well, prick with a fork so that the masala penetrates well into the chicken pieces.and let it marinate for half an hour.. if you want you can refrigerate it.
2.Take the chicken out and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is 3/4th cooked...now let this chicken cool..so that when u fry it does not break into pieces.
2. In a pan take oil, add a 1/2 inch of cinammon cut into small pieces, clove 2-3 pieces, cardamom 1-2 pieces, fry well, now add cashew nuts and onions and green chillies, curry leaves and fry well.
3. After onions turn translucent, add tomatoes and fry well, after the tomatoes soften, add the chicken and fry well for 5 minutes in high.
4. Now simmer the flame and fry well for 15 minutes check salt and add if necessary.
5. Now add coriander leaves and mix well and switch off...spicy chicken fry is ready to be served.