Semiya 1 cup
Milk 2 cups(depends on the kind of consistency you want)
Sugar 3/4 cup(less or more depends on how much sweet u want)
Ghee 1 tablespoon
Cardamom powder 1tsp
Cashews and kismiss a few
Water About 1.5 to 2 cups
1. Boil the milk and let cool.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the cashew and kissmiss and keep aside.
3. Now in the ghee fry the semiya till brown and add one half cup of water and let semiya cook. add cardamom powder.
4. One another stove take a vessel add take sugar and one and half cups of water and boil till the sugar dissolves..syrup should be liquid and do not cook till thick
5. Now add this sugar syrup to semiya in the pan and let boil for 8 to 10 minutes, add the fried cashew and kismiss and mix well and switch off the stove.
6. Now add the milk which is cold by now to the semiya and mix well(it is important for the milk to cold because if it is hot, the milk will curdle) and the amount of milk one wanted to add depends on whether they want the payasam of liquid consistency or a halwa consitency... the more the milk the more liquidy it becomes.
This payasam goes to the following event